To: "'ietf-provreg@cafax.se'" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: Daniel Manley <dmanley@tucows.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 16:03:49 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Questions about containers

Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine wrote:

>containers "live" in the registry. end-users don't set them up and instantiate
>them in the registry, as they've no access except as mediated by a registrar.

Yes, I am FULLY aware of the relationship between a registrant, its
registrar and the registry.  But you still didn't answer Klaus' question
(and mine too) in regards to the trade-off of complexity vs. benefits
with containers.  I don't see many registrars offering more than a
single container for a registrant to bundle all their domains together
-- with possibly those containers inheriting from a single master
"we-host-em" container (borrowing from your example).

Home | Date list | Subject list