To: "Marshall T. Rose" <mrose+mtr.netnews@dbc.mtview.ca.us>
Cc: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>, ietf-provreg@cafax.se, Marshall Rose <mrose@dbc.mtview.ca.us>
From: Michael Mealling <michael@neonym.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 16:18:32 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: BEEP Transport

On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 10:25:35AM -0700, Marshall T. Rose wrote:
> > I believe it completely inappropriate for a WG draft to define a profile
> > using vendor-specific URIs.  I'm not aware of any IETF document that
> > describes IETF-standard BEEP profile definition procedures; does such a
> > document exist?  Perhaps one is needed if not, but in the mean time I
> think
> > it would be better to expand on the xml.resource.org precedent used by
> other
> > profiles described in IETF WG documents (such as those defined for TLS and
> > SASL).
>
> hi. i don't think it will be difficult to set-up a work-in-progress prefix
> for beep profiles that are under development. i'll start moving on that.
>
> a few working group have been using the xml.resource.org thing as a
> place-holder and no one on the iesg has objected, so i think you're safe in
> provreg to use that until the work-in-progress thing is set-up...

I've have two drafts that are relevent to this:

draft-mealling-iana-urn-01.txt
"An IETF URN Sub-namespace for Registered Protocol Parameters"

and

"The IETF XML Registry"
draft-mealling-iana-xmlns-registry-02.txt

If you want I can add a section that deals with creating temporary URIs
since it will be an issue with the URN namespace anyway...

-MM

Michael Mealling	|      Vote Libertarian!       | urn:pin:1
michael@neonym.net      |                              | http://www.neonym.net

Home | Date list | Subject list