To: Bruce Tonkin <Bruce.Tonkin@melbourneit.com.au>
cc: "'ietf-provreg@cafax.se'" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: Eric Brunner <brunner@nic-naa.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2001 10:31:02 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Pushing vs. Pulling

> I support this middle ground.

Ditto.

Hypothetical complications noted for the deaf-registrar transaction model,
and non-hypothetical requirements noted for the connection==session model,
now lets move on.

I propose that draft-mumble-epp-push-00.txt be adopted as a working group
document, containing:

	a non-argumentative introduction,
	a  specification of a optional (MAY) <push> operation, its operands
	   (objects),
	a formal syntax (got to love that xml),
	some use case examples (e.g., xfr with <push> ACK only, <push> service
	notices, <push> registry-private policy junk (ENODOLLARS), etc.)
	and the usual considerations (none, none, and none)

Any volunteers itching to write an I-D? It has to push containers, just to
be as general as we've got at present, so epp-4 and -containers are your
starting points, and the peer model in -beep. Possibly also the client/server
model in -tcp, though there appears to be little actual positive interest in
this last variation on the theme.

Eric

Home | Date list | Subject list