To: Edward Lewis <lewis@tislabs.com>
Cc: ietf-provreg@cafax.se, lewis@tislabs.com
From: Edward Lewis <lewis@tislabs.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 15:08:25 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: About the Push vs. not Push

At 11:56 AM -0400 8/23/01, Edward Lewis wrote:
>In your response, let me know which registr*'s you are speaking for, so
>that we can determine if there is a pattern to differing opinions (e.g.,
>gTLDs vs. ccTLDs).

Someone raised a question about my motivation in asking the above.  Here
was my response:

I am curious about where folks are coming from, not for counting or voting.
I see a lot of discussion that seems to be prompted from the gTLD
community's contractural dealings with ICANN and then reverse discussion
from some ccTLDs, and not much from "others" - including the RIR's.

I am looking more for a demographic behind the opinions than size.  If
there is a systemic difference of opinion, then it is easier to try and
adjust the solution - I hope.

Edward Lewis                                                NAI Labs
Phone: +1 443-259-2352                      Email: lewis@tislabs.com

You fly too often when ... the airport taxi is on speed-dial.

Opinions expressed are property of my evil twin, not my employer.

Home | Date list | Subject list