To: "'ietf-provreg@cafax.se'" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 17:10:25 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: WG Discussion Summary with Draft Document Impact

For the benefit of those of you who weren't able to attend today's WG
session at IETF-51:

There were a few discussions that will have an impact on the current draft
EPP documents:

By a very slim majority, folks in the room expressed a preference to defer
protocol design to address data collection policy requirement 8.4-[1] rather
than allowing it to be a "must have" prior to document progression.  Some
others in the room expressed discomfort with this option, but the WGs
ability to design features to address this requirement as-written remain.

Eric's XRP presentation and subsequent discussion led to a reopening of the
message polling vs. message pushing discussion.  Folks in the room seemed to
support the idea of having both mechanisms in the base protocol, with the
client having the ability to select a delivery mechanism from among those
offered by the server.  Eric will offer up suggested text to be added to the
EPP draft(s).

The requirements draft will be updated soon to address the IESG's comments.
I'll then begin working on EPP draft updates to deal with these changes and
others that may arise out of today's list discussions.

If I've misstated anything, please feel free to clarify.

<Scott/>

Home | Date list | Subject list