To: "'Jarle Greipsland'" <jarle@uninett.no>, ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 16:35:36 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: EPP reliance on registrar sponsorship model

The EPP drafts were first written without object-specific authorization
information.  It was added in an attempt to address one person's comments.
It was subsequently removed as a result of larger WG discussion to simplify
operations.

I think there is a larger data consistency issue that is introduced if the
client sponsorship model is abandoned.  As changes are made across clients,
all of the previously involved clients will probably like to know about
changes made through other clients so that whatever locally-copied data they
maintain remains consistent with that of the server.  It's a many-to-one
relationship.  With the client sponsorship model, there's a one-to-one
relationship that is _far_ easier to manage.

<Scott/>

Home | Date list | Subject list