To: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 14:16:42 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: Flushing the Message Queue

A protocol specification should provide enough information to build
complete, interoperable implementations.  The document describes a queuing
mechanism, but it currently says nothing about a very real operational issue
that every implementer is going to have to face.  I asked the question
because I would much prefer to make a statement in the document that
acknowledges the issue so that implementers know that we didn't fail to
recognize it, and that it's something they need to be aware of.

I do agree that the mechanics of how to deal with it do not belong in the
protocol document.

<Scott/>

Home | Date list | Subject list