To: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Cc: lewis@tislabs.com
From: Edward Lewis <lewis@tislabs.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 11:14:49 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: It's been quiet recently

About two weeks ago, I sent a message concerning our status.  The archive
URL for it is
http://www.cafax.se/ietf-provreg/maillist/2001-05/msg00013.html.  Since
then, the requirements document has been forwarded to the AD's.  I've
received no feedback.

Since then we have been rather quiet.  I noticed that ICANN made news with
regards to .info and .biz, so it is evident that something is happening in
the registration world.  Early in our process, comments were made that our
group needed to work quickly to have something in place, principly before
the ICANN seven new gTLD's were set up.

My question: is there still a need to speed our work?  If so, why the
silence?  Is the group meeting (or not) meeting the objectives of the
participants?

Now, turning to documents...

I (Jaap too) have heard no outside comments on the drafts in the previous
message.  We are waiting on an update to Eric's draft before it will be
considered for WG status.  I don't know where James & William's draft
stands.

I have asked both groups to clarify - in text - the context of their
documents.  I think that will help the group justify adopting further
documents.

As far as the remaining EPP documents, I propose that they be accepted into
the WG.  Further, an assignment to write an "EPP on BEEP" has been made
(Dave Crocker) and a request for someone to write a "EPP on Email/SMTP" has
been made.    The EPP on BEEP will become a WG draft, as will the latter if
it ever happens.

Finally, is there a reason to continue the design teams?  Are they adding
value?

Edward Lewis                                                NAI Labs
Phone: +1 443-259-2352                      Email: lewis@tislabs.com

You fly too often when ... the airport taxi is on speed-dial.

Opinions expressed are property of my evil twin, not my employer.

Home | Date list | Subject list