To: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Cc: lewis@tislabs.com
From: Edward Lewis <lewis@tislabs.com>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 10:59:57 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Where are we?

It's been a bit quiet, so I thought I should let the group know what is up.

1) The requirements document is being prepared for the next leg of its
journey.  Jaap and I have been trying to coordinate a response to the
group, but because of our separation (1 ocean, 6 time zones) and other
travel black outs, we haven't "gotten the job done."  You should see
something on this soon, and some document movement - at the latest next
week when he and I get together in person.

2) Design teams?  Are they working?  I haven't heard anything in a few
weeks.  We may have to reshape the teams, given the set of documents below.

3) The next set of documents to focus on are protocol specifications.
Besides the already adopted EPP document there are a few other documents
I'd like to group to consider.  We eventually will need to decide whether
to adopt them into the WG, or let them sit outside.

The candidate documents include:

James Seng's offering:
     http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jseng-provreg-opp-00.txt

Eric Brunner-Williams' current offerring (I believe this is under edit):
     http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-brunner-xrp-00.txt
(a -01 is due soon)

A document found by an alert reader (Urs Eppenberger):
     http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-newton-xdap-domdir-00.txt
(Note that this hasn't been proposed by the author for this group, but it
may have some bearing on the rest of our work.)

And finally, the remaining EPP documents:
    http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hollenbeck-epp-contact-01.txt
    http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hollenbeck-epp-domain-01.txt
    http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hollenbeck-epp-host-01.txt
    http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hollenbeck-epp-tcp-01.txt

And, even more finally ;), there are plans for an -epp-beep in the works.

Edward Lewis                                                NAI Labs
Phone: +1 443-259-2352                      Email: lewis@tislabs.com

You fly too often when ... the airport taxi is on speed-dial.

Opinions expressed are property of my evil twin, not my employer.

Home | Date list | Subject list