To: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Cc: lewis@tislabs.com
From: Edward Lewis <lewis@tislabs.com>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 10:30:55 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: VeriSign Patents on Registries/Registrars and other readings

This thread hasn't been a nuisance yet, but I'd like to take this time to
ask folks to hold off on comments in this area.  Let's avoid rumors and
innuendo on topics that are best left to other experts (specifically
lawyers).

As this is not an engineering issue, let's wait and see if we are informed
that we need to pay attention to this.  I don't mind the reporting of the
filings, but let's not draw conclusions from scant facts.

On a side note - Verisign is a large organization.  Scott is just one
employee, don't expect him to speak for the company as a whole.  In fact,
he is probably barred from doing so - as am I for my company, and probably
the same for a lot of others on this list also.

Edward Lewis                                                NAI Labs
Phone: +1 443-259-2352                      Email: lewis@tislabs.com

You fly too often when ... the airport taxi is on speed-dial.

Opinions expressed are property of my evil twin, not my employer.

Home | Date list | Subject list