To: <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: budi@alliance.globalnetlink.com
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 08:19:42 +0700
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: VeriSign Patents on Registries/Registrars and other readings

> > There is no bad faith at work here at all.  If you took the time to read the
> > applications, you would find that they refer to work originally performed
> > 2-3 years ago related to the current NSI SRS, or they are registrar business
> > mechanisms, all of which WAS done "in-house entirely with their own clue".
> > They have NOTHING to do with ANY of the work being performed in this WG.

Scott,
don't you think that those business mechanisms are so
natural that there is no newness (great innovation) in it?
Why patent things that are obvious?
Don't you think that it is a bad faith?

I like public domain: for the benefit of people.
People who drive this deserve our respect.

Now, would any of what we are doing (or planning on doing)
here create a problem for us? (not "respecting" NSI patents?)

-- budi
--
Homepage: <http://budi.insan.co.id>
my presentation materials, papers, scrapbook, ... and more

Home | Date list | Subject list