To: "'ietf-provreg@cafax.se'" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: Rick H Wesson <wessorh@ar.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 09:46:47 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: authinfo in updates/transfers

folks,

in scotts latest drafts a list a requirement fro authorization for object
update. I request the follomg be removed from the requirements.

3.4.4 Object Update

  [4] The protocol MUST provide services to confirm registrar
  authorization to update an object.

There is no need to transmit authentication information for an object that
only the registrar of record is allowed to update. There is no reason to
transmit this information.

If someone has a good reason for this requirement PLEASE speak now.

I understand that the information is required for a transfer and I am NOT
suggesting that requirement be removed for transfers.

best regards,

-rick

Home | Date list | Subject list