To: Edward Lewis <lewis@tislabs.com>
Cc: Mats Dufberg <dufberg@nic-se.se>, "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>, ietf-provreg@cafax.se, tech@nic.fr
From: Olivier Guillard / AFNIC <Olivier.Guillard@nic.fr>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 10:10:52 +0200
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Nameserver MUST HAVE IP

Edward,

Technically speacking, I agree with Mats,

So I disagree with the document direction.

Formally speaking, I agree with you,

So I disagree with this:

Name servers registered within the registry's authoritative TLDs
SHOULD be registered with a valid IPv4 or IPv6 address.

Olivier

le mercredi 11 avril à 15 H 00 , Edward Lewis a écrit :
> At 8:27 AM -0400 4/9/01, Mats Dufberg wrote:
> >Name servers MUST be registered with valid IPv4 or IPv6 address when "glue
> >record" is stricly needed for delegation of a domain from the TLD. The
> >address MAY be removed when no longer needed for strict "glue record".
>
> Remember that our scope in this document is the set of requirements for a
> suitable protocol.  The latter sentence addresses the way in which a
> registry handle the data, an issue certainly outside our scope.

> Edward Lewis                                                NAI Labs
> Phone: +1 443-259-2352                      Email: lewis@tislabs.com
>
> Dilbert is an optimist.
>
> Opinions expressed are property of my evil twin, not my employer.

Home | Date list | Subject list