To: "Mealling, Michael" <michaelm@netsol.com>, George Belotsky <george@register.com>
Cc: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 11:30:52 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: Unique handle generation

Agreed, I don't think that object movement between repositories is a common
enough issue to be categorized as the "reason for having global
identifiers".  IMO, the most significant use of these identifiers will be in
whois.  They will likely be required as part of a response (such as to
identify domain contacts), and then be queried or automatically resolved to
appropriate repositories (such as to obtain a registrant's address/phone
number/etc).

<Scott/>

Home | Date list | Subject list