To: <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: "Paul George" <pgeorge@saraf.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 07:52:40 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: Unique handle generation

Perhaps remove the second part of #4?  Why add auxilary info to the handle?
It would then be serving two purposes. So it would read:

>4. An object handle MUST contain information that unambiguously identifies
>the object.

But then is it duplicating #2.(2. An object handle MUST be globally unique.)

The alternative would be:

4. An object handle MUST contain information that unambiguously identifies
both the object and the object's administrative repository at time of
creation.

Paul George
SARAF Software Solutions
(703)538-5666 x234