To: "'George Belotsky'" <george@register.com>, ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 13:36:39 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: Unique handle generation

George,

In terms of placing interoperability in the hands of the user, I prefer the
idea of either letting them choose their own identifier (it it happens to be
unused by anyone else), or using an e-mail address.  InterNIC-generated
handles (which sounds similar to what you've suggested below) haven't proven
to be very memorable or useful in other contexts.

<Scott/>