To: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 13:58:14 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: Generalizing the terminology

Thanks for your detailed comments, Catherine.

While I understand people's comments about the requirements draft being very
domain name centric, it was explicitly done that way to define requirements
for a specific, narrow, manageable initial focus: domain names and data
associated with domain names.  As-is, I don't think there's anything in the
draft that precludes protocol extension to non-domain resources (to use
Catherine's term).

Not too long ago the idea of developing new requirements drafts for
non-domain resources was suggested by someone.  I'd much prefer that route
over trying to make the current requirements draft into something that it
wasn't meant to be from the start.

I agree that it would be a good idea to define the term "status" in the
context of a domain name before using it elsewhere in the document.

<Scott/>

Home | Date list | Subject list