To: Kent Crispin <kent@songbird.com>
cc: ietf-provreg@cafax.se, brunner@nic-naa.net
From: Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine <brunner@nic-naa.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 16:13:14 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Nameserver as object/entity or not ?

Kent,

I concure. Making nameservers into first class objects isn't a given, as
the dependency relationship between nameservers objects and domain objects
mandates a contention mechanism.

Performing bulk ops on domain objects using a nameserver object as a key
is a convience funtion, nice but no more necesary than any other built-in
iterator/aggregator operator.

The edge cases that occur to me are deletion, when a nameserver object has
no domains object dependencies, and creation. Neither special case requires
a general promotion of the nameserver object to a first class object.

Cheers,
Eric

Home | Date list | Subject list