To: "Brian W. Spolarich" <briansp@walid.com>
Cc: ietf-provreg@cafax.se, James@Seng.cc, kent@songbird.com, patrick@gandi.net
From: "Jörg Bauer/Denic" <bauer@denic.de>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 10:27:37 +0100
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Antwort: RE: draft-hollenbeck-grrp-reqs-06 [Was Re: Interim Meeting]

On 05.02.2001 20:29 "Brian W. Spolarich" <briansp@walid.com> wrote:

>   As a registrant, the thing that I care about is that the nameservers
that
> I registered with my domain don't change unless I explicity authorize the
> change.
>
>   I'm wondering if the problem here is the idea of having separate
> nameserver and domain objects.  In my mind, the nameserver is an
attribute
> of the domain, and doesn't have any independent identity.  What problem
does
> having the nameservers as separate entities solve?

That´s exact the way we do it here in Germany.
We dont´t know anything about Nameserver Objects and i still can´t see it
as a requirement.

--

Joerg Bauer                       | eMail : Joerg.Bauer@denic.de
DENIC eG                          | Fon   : +49 69 272 35 180
Wiesenhuettenplatz 26             | Fax   : +49 69 27235 235
D-60329 Frankfurt                 |

Home | Date list | Subject list