To: "James Seng/Personal" <James@Seng.cc>
Cc: <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: Edward Lewis <lewis@tislabs.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 12:30:34 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Interim Meeting

At 10:58 AM -0500 2/4/01, James Seng/Personal wrote:
>But the facts remains that a lot of registries have not read your I-D.
>So the question is "Are you interested in their feedback?" or "Are you
>more interested to follow process and get your I-D thru?"

Once the WG is formed, I plan to wait at least two weeks after we are
official before issueing a WG last call - which lasts two weeks itself.
(For folks worried about delays, there is no need for the requirements
document to be "official" before progress on the protocol can be made.)

As far as getting registries and registrars involved, this is not *just* an
IETF or provreg responsibility.  I am making sure we make every effort to
be as open as possible about the activities as we can be.  I am also trying
to get as many folks aware of this work as I can.

If anyone is afraid that there is an entity that should be involved in
provreg, but is not paying attention to provreg, there are two things you
can do.  One is to contact that entity and tell them of provreg.  The other
is to bring it to my attention and I'll see if I can get a message to the
entity.

PS - Regarding "getting feedback" versus "getting the ID thru", please look
in the archives for the thread "Draft provreg charter", starting "Tue, 26
Dec 2000 09:28:34 -0800."  We've hashed this issue a couple of times
already.

Edward Lewis                                                NAI Labs
Phone: +1 443-259-2352                      Email: lewis@tislabs.com

Dilbert is an optimist.

Opinions expressed are property of my evil twin, not my employer.

Home | Date list | Subject list