To: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 10:40:21 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: Interim Meeting

James,

The fact that the requirements document was published as an I-D speaks for
itself WRT the intended review community.  If my desire was for review only
by the customers of VeriSign-GRS it wouldn't have been published as an I-D.

What I have said is that this document has been available for review to the
IETF community at large since March 2000.  It is completely incorrect for
anyone to say that they haven't had an opportunity to review this draft.
Assertions to the contrary are baseless.

Let me be clear about what I mean: the requirements draft has been out for
broad IETF review for 10+ months.  If people are only now taking notice
because we are forming a WG, it would be more productive to stop complaining
and get comments in _now_ than to insist that there hasn't been ample time
for review.

<Scott/>