To: lewis@tislabs.com
cc: ietf-provreg@cafax.se, "Patrik Faltstrom" <paf@cisco.com>, brunner@nic-naa.net
From: Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine <brunner@nic-naa.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 18:15:32 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Fw: WG Review: Provisioning Registry Protocol (provreg)

Ed,

The scope expressed in this charter draft mentions:
	administration of the DNS, DNS Registries, Registrars, Registrants,
	plurality of mid-level access modes (multiple DNS registries, and
	multiple DNS registrars), R2R application interaction and other
	rational boilerplate,

and fails to mention:
	whois (any varient)

and declines to put non-DNS registration interests ahead of DNS registration.

In my view these are attractive features of this charter, and I understand
from Mr. Seng's earlier repeated comments that he does not.

If anything, the focus of the work will be sharpened by having to recharter
upon completion of DNS Registrataion work, if in fact there is a need for a
standard in some related or extended area(s).

Cheers,
Eric

Home | Date list | Subject list