To: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Cc: lewis@tislabs.com
From: Edward Lewis <lewis@tislabs.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 15:15:37 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Mail thread clean up

Folks - two items of list etiquette.

Please make sure that the Subject: relates to the contents of the message.
If you want to start a tangent, a good idea is to do something of the sort:

    <new subj>, was <old subj>

Also, please limit cross posts!  Personally, I prefer to not cross post at
all. I realize that there are those who do not have a problem with
cross-posting and I'm okay with that.  But please make sure it is justified.

I am sending this because the issue of merging Provreg and whois seems to
have been settled, but there are still messages with that subject.  Worse
yet, the thread is being cross-posted and (arguably) shouldn't be.

Edward Lewis                                                NAI Labs
Phone: +1 443-259-2352                      Email: lewis@tislabs.com

Dilbert is an optimist.

Opinions expressed are property of my evil twin, not my employer.

Home | Date list | Subject list