To: Edward Lewis <lewis@tislabs.com>
Cc: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: George Belotsky <george@register.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 13:46:16 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Exentisibility in the requirements

Actually, it is quite clear that provreg is quite broad in capability.

This is why merging the Whois functionality into the RRP would work so
well.  Whois will eventually need more features, while the RRP has
methods to accomplish Whois-type queries (one does need to just look
at the registered objects).  Both the Whois and RRP must reference the
same objects in any case: the RRP at a very high privilege, and the
Whois at the lowest possible privilege.

--
George Belotsky

Home | Date list | Subject list