To: Edward Lewis <lewis@tislabs.com>
cc: "'ietf-provreg@cafax.se'" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: Rick H Wesson <wessorh@ar.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 14:25:53 -0800 (PST)
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Meeting notice and other proto-WG items

Ed,

> Other topics that might be useful are short presentations on how some
> registries operate with regards to registrars (I doubt that we'd have time
> for good coverage of that though), security concerns (privacy as opposed to
> transactions), extensibility of the protocol to other (non-domain name)
> data.

I would prefer not to have presentations at the meetings but discussions.
If one of the topics include how various registries operate that would be
fine. I would prefer that the registries submit papers or I-Ds BEFORE the
meeting so that we can have the oppertunity to read and comment on them.

I feel that this meeting should have a well defined agenda and
deliverables, presentations IMHO are just fluff that would detract from us
realizing real work.

-rick

Home | Date list | Subject list