To: "Paul George" <pgeorge@saraf.com>, "Ietf-Provreg" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: Richard Shockey <rich.shockey@neustar.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 10:31:33 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: Interim meeting: was RE: Charter last call summary

At 08:18 AM 1/12/2001 -0500, Paul George wrote:
>At first, I thought this was to be a "quickie" meeting to be held asap to
>finalize the RRP Requirements.  But more and more emails I see refer to this
>as a design meeting to be help as soon as the Reqs are done.  I am confused.

Generally I think we are close to consensus on Requirements.

>If the Reqs are so close to being completed, then I agree a meeting is not
>necessary and we should list all outstanding "issues" with the Reqs as they
>are right now and get to work on them and finish up.

A. Yes we should list all of the outstanding issues ..if there are any.

B. Beyond that there is a market not to mention a political ( ICANN proof
of concept) problem here that needs to be solved ASAP..and a preliminary
design meeting to flush out some thinking among the community IMHO is
essential and I continue to support a off site meeting here in the DC area
the week of Feb 19 -23... final date to be determined.

>If there are still lots of issues with the Reqs, then perhaps we should meet
>in the next week to finalize that first??
>
>Paul George
>SARAF Software Solutions
>(703)538-5666 x234

IMHO a design team...

>Location, participation, and productivity may all depend on what we want to
>do and how we approach it.  My own experience has been that design
>productivity tends to be inversely proportional to the number of
>participants involved;

Hummm...you have been thorough this process before  :-)

>we may need more time or multiple sessions if the
>desire is to not form a design team.
>
><Scott/>

Richard Shockey, Senior Technical Industry Liaison
NeuStar Inc.
1120 Vermont Avenue N.W., Suite 550, Washington DC. 20005
Voice: 202.533.2811,  Cell : 314.503.0640,  Fax: 815.333.1237
<mailto: rshockey@ix.netcom.com> or
<mailto: rich.shockey@neustar.com>
<http://www.neustar.com>

Home | Date list | Subject list