To: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: Marcel Schneider <schneider@switch.ch>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 11:38:25 +0100
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Definition of Registry

On Friday, 5 Jan 2001, "Peter Mott" writes:

I completely agree with Peter's analysis blow. But the
important fact for this group is: there are two models
for registries/registrars/agents. The 'lightweight'
registry model (just DB and connectivity) is mostly
used in gTLD's and will continue to be (one of the
reasons is that it has not the registry as a bottelneck).

The 'policy-setting' registry is more common in ccTLD's and
will continue to be.

The RRP needs to support both models. We should discuss
the reasons why it couldn't.

Marcel

Home | Date list | Subject list