To: <budi@alliance.globalnetlink.com>, <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: "Peter Mott" <peter@2day.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 14:06:37 +1300
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: Definition of Registry

> > Answer: The registry record is then maintained by the new registrar.
> >
> > The role of database integrity belongs to the registry.
> > The role of content management belongs to the registar.
>
> Hmm... I would think that the record belongs to the user
> (the owner of the record, registered entity, registrant?).
> Let's do this one right(?).

Perhaps I was not so clear.  I am talking about the entity with power to
change the data in the registry, not the entity that claims an intellectual
property right to the data.  Except when a registrar wants to register their
own domain names, I would always expect these entities to be different.

... but thats another mine field altogether!

Regards

Peter Mott
Chief Enthusiast
2day.com