To: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Cc: Peter Mott <peter@2day.com>, Alf.Hansen@uninett.no
From: Mike Lampson <lampson@iaregistry.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 16:55:22 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Definition of Registry

I'm not sure that everyone on this Working Group list is aware that there
are 2 Registry models defined in the original gRRP spec
(draft-hollenbeck-grrp-reqs-05.txt).  Everyone should review this document
and look at the requirements related to both "thin" and "thick" registry
models.  I believe that the protocol we are developing in this group should
support both registry models.

As for content management, I believe it should be beyond the scope of this
working group to determine the validity of the data.  Policies made by each
Registry are going to determine who checks the data and even how much
checking is done.

Regards,

_Mike
--