To: "'Paul M. Kane'" <Paul.Kane@REACTO.com>
Cc: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 11:16:57 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: Draft provreg charter

Paul,

I'm certainly not advocating any particular solution that (to use your
example) requires X.509 certificates.  As I've said on this list before, I
believe that the best solution is a simple protocol with other protocol
layers that address the needs (such as transport or security) of different
operating environments.

Scott Hollenbeck
VeriSign Global Registry Services