To: <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: "Christopher Ambler" <cambler-ietf@iodesign.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 23:40:53 -0800
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Draft provreg charter

>The specification will allow multiple registrars to register domain names
>within a single Top Level Domain (TLD). The working group will use as input
>the Extensible Provisioning Protocol presentation, documented in
><draft-hollenbeck-epp-00.txt>.

Suggest that in addition to "register," we also call out "modify, delete, ...?"

Additionally, I think the specification that it is within a single TLD is already
obsolete, as the operating NSI system allows for more than one, no?

>Feb, 2001       Working group agreement on functional requirements for protocol
>Feb, 2001       Initial specification of provreg protocol

Less than a month to go from a functional req to an initial spec? Are you being
optimistic, or presuming that the initial spec won't stray much from the
existing one, hence a shorter timeframe?

Christopher

Home | Date list | Subject list