To: dnsop@cafax.se
From: "Eric A. Hall" <ehall@ehsco.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 10:17:12 -0600
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: DNS discovery

teemu.savolainen@nokia.com wrote:

> I do not know often average cellular phone user would get this RTT
> penalty in real life, but I think that avoiding this RTT would be a
> good design anyhow.

I'm not sure how we got onto this point. It seems to me that the phone
networks are classic examples of managed networks, and as such they'd be
best off using some sort of preferred technology rather than the default.

This also seems to be a good time to make the point that the market has
clearly spoken on this subject: it wants multiple configuration management
options, each of which address specific needs/requirements.