To: dnsop@cafax.se
From: JINMEI Tatuya / $B?@L@C#:H(B <jinmei@isl.rdc.toshiba.co.jp>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 12:28:36 +0900
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: DNS discovery

> Lets get the client support and dhcpv6 lite server and relay agents
> implemented (Itojun said 13K lines of code for all?) and some experience
> to base future work on.

I concur (actually I've already concurred with you on this point).

I don't think we can reach a consensus by continuing this discussion
that would include another round of pros and cons comparison.  I know
someone pointed out in the 2nd dnsop meeting that it's not wise to
rush into a conclusion.  Still, I don't think we'll find a tie-breaker
by continuing the discussion.  I also know there is some
misunderstanding about the basic specification in this thread (such as
confusion about the "M" and "O" flags of router advertisement
messages).  And I'm not claiming I'm an exception; I admit I may also
misunderstand some technical points.  Still, I don't think
clarifications on these points can be a tie-breaker.

No one will win this battle, and the loser will be IPv6 (by the delay
of deployment).

Sadly, I cannot think of a good tool to break through the situation.
One typical approach might be to let the chairs decide (I'm not saying
this because I expect the chairs would pick up the one I support:-),
but this is probably against the IETF's convention.

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.
					jinmei@isl.rdc.toshiba.co.jp