To: bill <bmanning@karoshi.com>
Cc: dnsop@cafax.se, Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino <itojun@itojun.org>
From: Alain Durand <Alain.Durand@Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 13:41:33 -0800
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: DNS discovery

bill wrote:

>	And its not like the IETF has not promoted two solutions
>	in the past...  can you say OSPF and ISIS?   Sure you can.

Except it is well understood that the two are mutually exclusive.
and restrospectively, wouldn't have we been better with just one?
(pick your favorite)

As a general point, I believe the IETF should refrain standardizing
two or more solution to the same problem. One is enough.
Let's focus the energy on other problems that require immediate attention.

    - Alain.