To: "Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino" <itojun@itojun.org>
Cc: "DNSOP WG" <dnsop@cafax.se>
From: "Jaehoon Paul Jeong" <paul@etri.re.kr>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 02:08:32 +0900
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: DNS discovery

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino" <itojun@itojun.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2003 12:52 AM

> > My proposal is to adopt both RA-approach and DHCP-lite
> > as in the case of Prefix Delegation.
> > Could those who insist only on DHCP-lite hum for the coexistence of these two mechanisms?
>
> if you propose coexistence you need to provide details on how to
> use those two, like:
> - try A then B
> - try A if condition X, try B if condition !X
> - whatever
> otherwise implementors will get highly confused.
>
> itojun

Did you read my draft?
My draft describes the coexistence.
Please, look at Section 5 of my draft, Procedure of DNS Discovery;
 http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jeong-dnsop-ipv6-dns-discovery-00.txt
Of course, this is one of the possible alternatives for coexistence.
Therefore, we need to discuss the coexistence more.
Thanks.

Jaehoon