To: "Pekka Savola" <pekkas@netcore.fi>, "John Schnizlein" <jschnizl@cisco.com>
Cc: <dnsop@cafax.se>
From: "BELOEIL Luc FTRD/DMI/CAE" <luc.beloeil@francetelecom.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 16:23:49 +0100
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: RE: How IPv6 host gets DNS address

sorry for the delay.

I agree with the point of Pekka.

Moreover DHCP-lite means another process on the server side, where in
other solutions use existing processes (well-known adresses use routing
features, RA-based solution can be merged with RA deamon). Am I wrong ?

I do think that "complexity" may not be the most important criteria to
choose "the" solution.

Is there a consensus on "we need first a solution to known how to
contact DNS resolvers" ? Is there a consensus on "the solution found
should also be able to give othe information other information (NTP,
SMTP server addresses, search path list, ...) " ?

Luc