To: dnsop@cafax.se
From: Miek Gieben <miekg@atoom.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 12:02:55 +0200
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: draft-kolkman-dnssec-operational-practices-00.txt

[On 25 Aug, @19:31, Scott wrote in "Re: draft-kolkman-dnssec-opera ..."]
> An opinion on section 3.2 (Security Key Considerations):  It is the wrong
> place for a discourse on key strengh, but a reference would be good for
> further info for someone interested.  Otherwise, it might be good to give
> some rough rules to follow such as "the larger the zone, the larger the key"
> and "larger the zone, zone key rollovers should be more frequent".

thanks, I've added this. I think it is good to make such a non technical
statement about key sizes.

References to documents regarding key sizes is still a good idea, but I don't
want to specify exact sizes in this draft.

I do however have a document at home which has a table: year <-> key length. You
can just look up the year and then find a key length. This runs up until the
year 2025 (or something). Maybe that should be added as an reference...

grtz Miek