To: dnsop@cafax.se
From: Ralph Droms <rdroms@cisco.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 11:36:26 -0400
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: the well-known address approach

I really did mean to talk about unicast as opposed to any kind of anycast,
because the most recent published description of a scheme for using
well-known addresses to access DNS service
<draft-ietf-ipv6-dns-discovery-07.txt> specifies unicast.  If I remember
correctly, the earlier discussion about well-known addresses progressed from
specifying anycast to unicast because of concerns that "just propagate host
routes to those service addresses in the internal routing" might prove to be
complicated in practice.

- Ralph