To: "Tim Chown" <tjc@ecs.soton.ac.uk>, <dnsop@cafax.se>
From: "BELOEIL Luc FTRD/DMI/CAE" <luc.beloeil@francetelecom.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 17:16:42 +0200
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: RE: avoiding proxies

Hi Tim,

At our own entreprise (operator R&D department), we have also DHCP. I do
think that is very common in our IPv4 world.

> The interesting question is how the DNS resolver (and/or
> other) information
> is configured to the router, for the RA method to work.

To my mind, recursive DNS resolver information would be acquired through
uplink access in a SOHO environment (typically through DHCPv6 over PPP).
In a entreprise/university, such information would be configured by
network managers on routers where it is needed, in the same manner as
the configuration of DHCP-relay are configured.

> Tim

Luc