To: "Ralph Droms" <rdroms@cisco.com>
Cc: "DNSOP WG" <dnsop@cafax.se>, <Alain.Durand@Sun.COM>, <hinden@iprg.nokia.com>
From: "Jaehoon Paul Jeong" <paul@etri.re.kr>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 14:31:16 +0900
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: DNS discovery discussion

I agree partly with Alain and Ralph.
However, I think, RA camp including me suggest that
RA-based DNS Discovery is indispensible to ND.
Of course, I believe that it can be used harmoniously with DHCPv6.
Why should both stateless (ND) and stateful (DHCP) mechanisms
not be developed and deployed  for DNS Discovery?

After the last ietf meeting, four authors (Daniel, Luc, Syam and me) has merged three drafts
regarding RA-based DNS Discovery to make a new draft as follows.
  http://www.adhoc.6ants.net/~paul/data/draft-jeong-dnsop-ipv6-dns-discovery-00.txt

We would like to propose this draft as DNSOP wg draft for further discussion.
As open issues, the following are suggested;
   o  How to optimize bandwidth on the link?
   o  How to implement RA-based DNS discovery?
   o  How to interact with stateful mechanism?
   o  What about several routers on the same link that could advertise
      distinct parameters?

We welcome your comments and suggestions.
Thanks.

/Jaehoon Paul