To: soohong.park@samsung.com
Cc: dnsop@cafax.se
From: Jaehoon Jeong <jaehoon_paul@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 00:55:37 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Re: IPv6 DNS Autoconfiguration [IPv6 DNS Discovery]

--- Daniel <soohong.park@samsung.com> wrote:
> Hi folks
>
> At the yesterday dnsop meeting, we had a time for
> discussion
> of " IPv6 DNS Discovery based on ND", but we didn't
> decide
> any definitely consensus at all.
>
> We (Luc,Paul,Syam, and Daniel) will merge our
> related draft into
> one draft which will be focused on IPv6 DNS
> Discovery not autoregistration
> , since IPv6 autoregistration is not mature state at
> this time.

Absolutely, I agree with Daniel.

> I believe this approach is not duplicated method
> with DHCPv6. As bob's presentation,
> it was not IPv6 Stateless Autoconfiguration without
> IPv6 DNS Discovery.

Before IPv6 wg is closed, we need to finish IPv6
stateless autoconfiguration, including DNS discovery.
Many of IPv6 guys really want to see RA-based DNS
discovery used.
DHCPv6 and RA-based solutions depend on the selection
of network managers or users. Anyone of them is not
absolute, I think.
As Bob said yesterday, we should finish the recursive
argument about DNS discovery and complete the
stateless autoconfiguration.
Now, I think, DNSOP chairmen should decide if RA-based
approach has to be working item or not.
I would like to see DNSOP chairmen's opinion.

/Jaehoon Paul