To: Jaehoon Jeong <jaehoon_paul@yahoo.com>
Cc: dnsop@cafax.se
From: =?EUC-KR?B?udq89sir?= <soohong.park@samsung.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 16:29:30 +0900
Msgkey: 20030715162930@soohong.park
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Re: IPv6 DNS Autoconfiguration [IPv6 DNS Discovery]

Hi folks

At the yesterday dnsop meeting, we had a time for discussion
of " IPv6 DNS Discovery based on ND", but we didn't decide
any definitely consensus at all.

We (Luc,Paul,Syam, and Daniel) will merge our related draft into
one draft which will be focused on IPv6 DNS Discovery not autoregistration
, since IPv6 autoregistration is not mature state at this time.

I believe this approach is not duplicated method with DHCPv6. As bob's presentation,
it was not IPv6 Stateless Autoconfiguration without IPv6 DNS Discovery.

Please be sure, Even if DHCPv6 has a prefix option, we still use a RA option for IPv6 Prefix.

IPv6 must have all required parameters for autoconfiguration including IPv6 DNS Discovery option.

Daniel (Soohong Daniel Park)
Mobile Platform Lab. Samsung Electronics
TEL:+82-31-200-4508  FAX:+82-31-200-3147
mailto:soohong.park@samsung.com