To: Bill Manning <bmanning@ISI.EDU>
cc: matthew.ford@bt.com, <dnsop@cafax.se>
From: Pekka Savola <pekkas@netcore.fi>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 09:53:10 +0300 (EEST)
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: IPv6 DNS Autoconfiguration

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003, Bill Manning wrote:
>  yes, yes... thats not the question.  the question is, how do the
>  good folks who propose this method fo DNS discovery expect to
>  find/extract the local DNS policy information to try and ensure
>  garbage is not handed out?

Someone is configuring the routers to advertise this information.

If it's configured manually, it becomes the responsibility of the
configurer to ensure this.

If it's configured automatically, it becomes the responsibility if the
party who's configuring the source where the router automatically finds
this information (e.g. DHCPv6 lite) to see that it's OK.

The issue is recursive.