To: Daniel Senie <dts@senie.com>
Cc: Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be>, dnsop@cafax.se
From: David Conrad <david.conrad@nominum.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 18:58:50 -0700
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: draft-ietf-dnsop-serverid-01.txt

Daniel,

On Tuesday, April 29, 2003, at 05:58  PM, Daniel Senie wrote:
> Once the response is received, no amount of asking further questions
> will give you certain knowledge.

In theory, yup.

> If a need exists to solve this problem, it's likely the answer is in
> adjusting protocol. Are we interested in a solution?

I suspect this would be a topic for DNSEXT.

In the meantime, given a server returning bogus information is most
likely unrelated to routing instability which is where the CH class
ID.SERVER hack wouldn't work, wouldn't it be nice to have an imperfect
way of handling the vast majority of cases?

Rgds,
-drc