To: David Conrad <david.conrad@nominum.com>
Cc: Rob Austein <sra+dnsop@hactrn.net>, dnsop@cafax.se
From: Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 23:04:13 -0700
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: draft-ietf-dnsop-serverid-01.txt

>> i did read the draft.  you don't get my point.
> Obviously not.  Want to try to speak for yourself instead of
> having Rob interpret for you?

you provide how to ask a server to tell some things about itself.
but, in an anycast universe, when i have a result 'of interest' in
my hand, i don't know to which server to send the query.  and, if i
knew the server, i probably don't need to know, all i need to do is
send

  To: noc
  Subject: broken server

  the server with unique identity <foo> gave me the suspicious
  result <bar> to query <baz>.

unfortunately, i can not ascertain <foo>, and you provide no help.

> Speak for yourself instead of getting other people to act as your
> mouthpiece.

<clue> i never asked rob to say anything.  please keep your black
helicopter theories down in caliwood.  and refrain from accusations
which you can not substantiate.

> If you have issues with a draft, bring them to the attention of
> the author in a timely manner either directly or via the working
> group mailing list.

i did.  you just did not get it.

randy