To: dnsop@cafax.se
From: Kevin Darcy <kcd@daimlerchrysler.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 13:23:24 -0400
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dnsop-inaddr-required-04.txt

Brad Knowles wrote:

> At 6:13 PM -0400 2003/04/10, Kevin Darcy wrote:
>
> >  The draft is a bad draft.
>
>         Then propose something better.  Or at least propose improvements
> to what's there.

"Accept what is proposed or propose something yourself" is a false dilemma As a
third alternative, we could do *nothing* and let reverse DNS wither away of its
own accord, as it becomes less and less reliable over time.

If we want to publish a document that says *only* to not rely on reverse DNS,
I'd be OK with that. It's the "X is bad, but still keep on supporting X",
schizoid part that I'm having a problem with...

- Kevin