To: Rob Austein <sra+dnsop@hactrn.net>
cc: dnsop@cafax.se
From: Pekka Savola <pekkas@netcore.fi>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 20:30:34 +0300 (EEST)
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dnsop-inaddr-required-04.txt

On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, Rob Austein wrote:
> So far we've heard from:
>
> - Ray, who pointed out some RIR-related (specifically, ARIN-related)
>   text that needs some work;
>
> - Måns, who liked the draft and suggested adding text discussing IPv6;
>
> - Dean, who says that we should not be working on this draft.
>
> Does anybody -else- have comments on this draft?  In particular: does
> anybody who has not yet spoken on this have an opinion on whether the
> WG should be working on this?

Yes, I believe this is quite useful.  I also belive in-addr are useful,
even though sometimes used improperly. The delegation chain should be
provided alongside with address allocations [this may fall upon the RIR
policies].  Whether the endsites fill those is their policy, and this
draft should try to list the tradeoffs for such decisions.

> Note to anyone who has not figured this out yet: the title of the
> draft is old, does not match the content of the draft as it evolved,
> and most likely would be changed before publication to match the
> current content of the draft.  Please READ THE DRAFT rather than
> jumping to conclusions about what it says based on the title.

There are some remnants still, e.g. in the introduction, btw.