To: bert hubert <ahu@ds9a.nl>
cc: Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be>, Kevin Darcy <kcd@daimlerchrysler.com>, <dnsop@cafax.se>
From: Dean Anderson <dean@av8.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 14:35:03 -0500 (EST)
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: [RETRANSMIT] Re: Radical Surgery proposal: stop doingreversefor IPv6.

On Sat, 22 Mar 2003, bert hubert wrote:
> You may be in need of a rather large reality check. Where it comes to
> telling people what NOT to do 'we' or the 'ietf' is an irrelevant debating
> society and it is making itself only more so by deprecating functionality
> perceived to be useful.

A reality check is indeed in order.  Perception is not the same as
reality.  As you note, the usefulness is _perceived_.  The perceptions
that are inconsistent with reality need to be changed.  It is the role of
the IETF to promote standards that are consistent with reality, not to
promote demonstrably false and harmful perceptions.

		--Dean