To: namedroppers@ops.ietf.org, dnsop@cafax.se
From: Soohong Daniel Park <soohong.park@samsung.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 18:07:06 +0900
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re:[mobile-ip] Domain Name Dynamic Update for IPv6 Mobile Node whileaway from home.

inline...

-----Original Message-----
From: Bryan Wang [mailto:xwang@elmic.com]
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2003 10:25 AM
To: Soohong Daniel Park; mobile-ip@sunroof.eng.sun.com
Subject: Re: [mobile-ip] Domain Name Dynamic Update for IPv6 Mobile Node
while away from home.

Soohong -

I think you missed an important point, it is called Mobile IPv6 Route
Optimization. The mobile node will detect that a correspondent node's
packets are being tunneled to it by the home agent, and may initiate the
return routability procedure. If return routability is successful, next
the
mobile node creates a binding in the correspondent node that maps the
mobile
node's home address to its current care-of address. At this point, the
correspondent node can send directly to the mobile node at that care-of
address. Mobile IPv6 accomplishes this all transparently at the network
layer, below the application. The application on the correspondent node
is
unaware that the mobile node's home address has changed.

==> I see, it's a general processing in MIPv6.

There is no need to do any update in the DNS server.

==>um... because of above sentence, all new CN are initiating to the MN
must be gone through reverse tunneling.

In fact, what you are proposing is pretty
error-prone: what if the mobile node moves again, and if the application
was
aware of the mobile node's old care-of address (per your dynamic DNS
update), the application will be trying to reach the mobile node at the
wrong address.

==>I don't see what you say. As I said previous mail, this document
concentrates on the new CN is initiating.
      When the MN is moving another link, the MN performs route
optimization as well, so the CN will update binding using new care-of
address.
      You'd better be more careful that if the CN is connecting to MN
away to another link, the CN don't need any other DNS query.

Mobile IPv6 does not handle redirection of packets sent to
the mobile node's old care-of address to route them to its new care-of
address, so any packets the correspondent node sends to the old care-of
address will be lost.

==>above action is not happened, since the CN sends all packets to new
care-of address as well.

	Daniel

Thanks,
Bryan Wang