To: Ed Warnicke <eaw@cisco.com>
cc: Kenneth Porter <shiva@sewingwitch.com>, dnsop@cafax.se
From: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 18:07:00 +0700
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Request for review of DNS related draft

    Date:        Thu, 27 Feb 2003 16:01:03 -0500
    From:        Ed Warnicke <eaw@cisco.com>

  | But DHCP will not allow a device which
  | is not the endpoint ( or the DHCP server ) to discover the network which
  | contains
  | an IP address and the first hop gateway(s) which service that network.

Rather than how, perhaps the question should be why would anyone care?

That's largely why 1101 never got used - the nodes for which it might
have provided information that could didn't already know it via other
means, never had much of a reason to care.

Why would my nodes care what the network that contains some random IP
address might happen to be (or why would I ever care more than the
routing tables will tell me) ?

kre